Insurance Training Center courses are approved contining education courses with the Alberta Insurance Council. In this article, we have summarized the annual continuing education (CE) requirements as set by the Alberta Insurance Council. To see the full list of approved Insurance Training Center courses, click here, enter “ITC Education Inc.” in the [course provider] field and click on the [search] button.
Annual CE Credit Requirements
|Certificate of Authority||Number of Credits Required||Maximum Carry Forward||Certificate Term|
|Life and/or Accident & Sickness Insurance Agents||15 credits||7.5 credits||July 1- June 30|
|General Insurance Agents and Salespersons||15 credits||7.5 credits||July 1- June 30|
|Insurance Adjusters||15 credits||7.5 credits||July 1- June 30|
What qualifies as a CE credit
The Alberta Accreditation Committee, as delegated by the Minister, is in charge of reviewing and approving:
- continuing education providers,
- continuing education courses, and
- the hours and means of calculating the continuing education hours.
The review and approval process is in place for every course or seminar that counts towards the required 15 credits.
All Alberta Insurance Council Continuing Education approved courses are listed here. Approved courses by the Insurance Training Center are listed under our registered name “ITC Education Inc”.
All CE records must be kept for 3 years following the expiry of the certificate term.
All agents and adjusters must prove they have completed 15 hours of approved CE courses and enter all approved courses under their profile when renewing their licence.
The Alberta Insurance Council conducts audits to ensure all requirements are met. In the event of an audit, agents and adjusters must provide records to the Minister upon request.
- All certificate holders must complete a minimum of 15 CE credits, regardless of the number of years licensed or additional professional designations.
- Certificate holders can carry over up to 7.5 CE credits.
- Certificate holders must keep records of completed CE for three (3) certificate terms following the expiry of the certificate term.
- Certificate holders should keep detailed CE records in case of an audit.