EPLI: the discrimination peril
Discrimination is one of the most common perils to result in employment related claims and insurers see a wide range of allegations being made.
Examples of common allegations include:
- Bias in interviewing and hiring;
- Same work for different pay;
- Not accommodating disability such as not providing accessible washroom facilities;
- Forbidding the wearing of religious symbols in the workplace;
- Parental leave policies that distinguish between genders; and
- Retrenchment based on age.